We are proud to announce the release of our newly redesigned website. It has been crafted to allow immediate access to relevant information for both desktop and mobile users, enhancing connectivity for anglers and sponsors throughout the 2015 tarpon season.
Three things you’ll love about the new Suncoast Tarpon Roundup website right now:
- Quicklinks– Check the weekly standings, find the closest release stations, top sponsors, and the STR contact information by accessing the quicklinks from the top-right menu on any page.
- Photo Gallery – Quickly scroll through our photo gallery to show of your catch from 2007, or view them all in a slideshow. The photos are easier to access then ever before!
- Tournament Records – Keep an eye on this year’s competition, check out last year’s standings and plan to break records in 2015.
We will continue to expand our online content to bring you relevant information, so we encourage you to bookmark it, check back often and connect with us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on everything that 2015 has in store for the 81st Annual Suncoast Tarpon Roundup!
As 2014 comes to a close, the STR board would like to take a moment to thank all of our sponsors and anglers for their continued support. 2014 has been a great year, with the highest tournament participation since 2010. We had a great time at the Captain’s Kickoff Party followed by 10 weeks of competitive catch-and-release tarpon fishing, and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2015!
First and foremost, we’d like to thank the 2014 Sponsors, including Bollman Boating, Gandy Bait & Tackle, Owen & Sons Marine, Pets in the City and Bob Lee’s Tire Company, as well as all our other sponsors.
We would also like to congratulate the 2014 Tournament Division Champions:
- Doubles: Noah Epstein and Kris Stein 43 releases
- Adult-Child: Brandon Meyer and A.J. Kirkman 45 releases
- Florida Gulf Coast Schools Fishing Club: Kris Stein, Osceola 23 releases
- Senior: Capt. Eddie Herrington 2 releases
- Overall Junior: A.J. Kirkman 21 releases
- Overall Womens: Debbie Miller 21 releases
- Landlubber: James Roehm 28 releases
- Overall Tournament Champion: Capt. Bill Miller 36 releases
- Finale Day Champion: Bill Burrows Runner ups: Debbie Miller, Steve Petry
Thank you all for your continued support of the 80th Annual Suncoast Tarpon Roundup, and we wish you the very best in the new year!