It’s time to kickoff the 2015 Suncoast Tarpon Roundup!
This year’s kickoff party will be held at Bay Pines Marina on April 25th, from 2-5pm. The Captain’s meeting will start at 3pm, and will include an overview of the updated rules and provide a opportunity for Q&A. Please be sure to review all of the rules before the Captain’s Meeting!
Food and drinks will be available with donation, proceeds will benefit the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
Registration is $150 for all anglers over 14 including all divisions (regular, women’s, senior, landlubber, doubles and adult/junior). High School Club division and Junior anglers* register for free. Complete your registration at the kickoff party and receive $25 off. If you are unable to attend the Kickoff Party, mail your registration to the Suncoast Tarpon Roundup, P.O. Box 7762, St Petersburg, FL 33734.
The 81st Suncoast Tarpon Roundup T-shirts featuring the Don Cesar will be available for purchase. Short-sleeves cost $15, long-sleeves cost $20. Buy two t-shirts and receive $5 off.
The Suncoast Tarpon Roundup is guaranteeing $5,000 minimum for first place on finale day, so get your gear ready! This year is going to be BIG!!
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter (@SuncoastTarpon) for tournament details and updates!
Download Registration Form
*Junior Anglers must be 14 or younger BEFORE May 16, 2015
We are proud to announce the release of our newly redesigned website. It has been crafted to allow immediate access to relevant information for both desktop and mobile users, enhancing connectivity for anglers and sponsors throughout the 2015 tarpon season.
Three things you’ll love about the new Suncoast Tarpon Roundup website right now:
- Quicklinks– Check the weekly standings, find the closest release stations, top sponsors, and the STR contact information by accessing the quicklinks from the top-right menu on any page.
- Photo Gallery – Quickly scroll through our photo gallery to show of your catch from 2007, or view them all in a slideshow. The photos are easier to access then ever before!
- Tournament Records – Keep an eye on this year’s competition, check out last year’s standings and plan to break records in 2015.
We will continue to expand our online content to bring you relevant information, so we encourage you to bookmark it, check back often and connect with us on Facebook to stay up-to-date on everything that 2015 has in store for the 81st Annual Suncoast Tarpon Roundup!
As 2014 comes to a close, the STR board would like to take a moment to thank all of our sponsors and anglers for their continued support. 2014 has been a great year, with the highest tournament participation since 2010. We had a great time at the Captain’s Kickoff Party followed by 10 weeks of competitive catch-and-release tarpon fishing, and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2015!
First and foremost, we’d like to thank the 2014 Sponsors, including Bollman Boating, Gandy Bait & Tackle, Owen & Sons Marine, Pets in the City and Bob Lee’s Tire Company, as well as all our other sponsors.
We would also like to congratulate the 2014 Tournament Division Champions:
- Doubles: Noah Epstein and Kris Stein 43 releases
- Adult-Child: Brandon Meyer and A.J. Kirkman 45 releases
- Florida Gulf Coast Schools Fishing Club: Kris Stein, Osceola 23 releases
- Senior: Capt. Eddie Herrington 2 releases
- Overall Junior: A.J. Kirkman 21 releases
- Overall Womens: Debbie Miller 21 releases
- Landlubber: James Roehm 28 releases
- Overall Tournament Champion: Capt. Bill Miller 36 releases
- Finale Day Champion: Bill Burrows Runner ups: Debbie Miller, Steve Petry
Thank you all for your continued support of the 80th Annual Suncoast Tarpon Roundup, and we wish you the very best in the new year!