As 2014 comes to a close, the STR board would like to take a moment to thank all of our sponsors and anglers for their continued support. 2014 has been a great year, with the highest tournament participation since 2010. We had a great time at the Captain’s Kickoff Party followed by 10 weeks of competitive catch-and-release tarpon fishing, and we can’t wait to do it all again in 2015!
First and foremost, we’d like to thank the 2014 Sponsors, including Bollman Boating, Gandy Bait & Tackle, Owen & Sons Marine, Pets in the City and Bob Lee’s Tire Company, as well as all our other sponsors.
We would also like to congratulate the 2014 Tournament Division Champions:
- Doubles: Noah Epstein and Kris Stein 43 releases
- Adult-Child: Brandon Meyer and A.J. Kirkman 45 releases
- Florida Gulf Coast Schools Fishing Club: Kris Stein, Osceola 23 releases
- Senior: Capt. Eddie Herrington 2 releases
- Overall Junior: A.J. Kirkman 21 releases
- Overall Womens: Debbie Miller 21 releases
- Landlubber: James Roehm 28 releases
- Overall Tournament Champion: Capt. Bill Miller 36 releases
- Finale Day Champion: Bill Burrows Runner ups: Debbie Miller, Steve Petry
Thank you all for your continued support of the 80th Annual Suncoast Tarpon Roundup, and we wish you the very best in the new year!